You are here:  Home >  Welcome to Bad Kötzting...Chronological Table

Chronological Table of Bad Kötzting

A document mentions "Chostingen" for the first time

1085

Pope Eugenius III confirmed Rott Monastery its rights to Kötzting

1151

Kötzting obtained a court seat

1204

It was awarded the first market rights

1225

The market rights were confirmed by Emperor Ludwig of Bavaria

1344

The town was continually threatened by the Hussites´ invasions

around 1425

The plague raged right around Kötzting

1583

The citizens of Kötzting threw off the manorial system
of the Rott Monastery

1614

Thirty-Years' War; the Swedes burnt Kötzting down

1633

The last Swedish invasion and renewed outbreak of the plague

1648

Great famine in the Bavarian Forest

1770

Kötzting became an independent parish

1805

In the fourth division of boroughs Kötzting was allocated
to Lower Bavaria

1837

The town was again hit by a large fire

1867

The small market town of Kötzting was raised to the level of a town

1953

Kötzting became a garrison town

1965

Kötzting administrative county was dissolved and allocated
to the great administrative county of Cham and thus to
the governmental district of the Upper Palatinate

1972

The town celebrated its 900th anniversary

1985

Inauguration of the spa gardens

1992

It was recognized as a Kneipp health resort

1995

A state-managed Casino was opened in February 2000

2000

Inauguration of the AQACUR waterworld.
The town is officially named a "Kneipp health resort" and changes its name into "Bad Kötzting"

2005

Audio-Guide
360� Virtuell-Tour
Web-Cam